- January 13, 2022
5 Key Differences: Poly vs Fiberglass Chemical Storage Tanks
You always want something you can count on when it comes to chemical storage tanks. You want a tank that requires little care, is cost-effective and can withstand anything is thrown at it. Fiberglass and polyethylene are two of the most common types of storage tanks. In this blog, we will discuss 5 important distinctions to help you understand more about these tanks.
1. Manufacturing: Fiberglass water storage tanks are handcrafted in the manufacturing process, which is time-consuming and prone to human error. An automated technique is used to control the manufacturing of poly chemical storage tanks. This removes the possibility of human mistakes.
2. Maintenance: Because fiberglass water storage tanks are prone to leakage at seams, the tank will corrode over time. The storage tank requires careful maintenance and inspection, which frequently necessitates tight space entrance. Maintenance and inspection of poly storage tanks are significantly less labor demanding due to the lack of seams and varied inside coatings, as well as the corrosion resistance of these tanks.
3. Construction: Fiberglass storage tanks are not made of a single piece of material. They have seams where leaks are more likely to occur. Polyethylene chemical storage tanks eliminate this danger by having a seamless one-piece molded structure.
4. Cost: Fiberglass is not only difficult to regulate in terms of quality, but it is also costly. These expenses can be greatly increased by using resin-rich corrosion barriers intended for common chemicals. Poly storage tanks offer a substantially cheaper cost per tank because of the reduced cost of materials and the production process.
5. Size: Fiberglass tanks are accessible in significantly bigger capacities due to the way they are made. Fiberglass is the sole alternative for chemical storage tanks larger than 12,000 gallons.
When purchasing a chemical storage tank, consider these 5 differences which we’ve discussed in this blog. They will assist you in making the best selection possible. Take this list with you the next time you go shopping for a chemical storage tank to ensure you get the tank that is most suited to your needs.
GSC Tanks, known as one of the USA’s top chemical storage tank manufacturers, produces containers that are recognized as some of the best tanks in terms of usage, durability, capacity, design, and ability to handle harsh weather conditions. Our chemical storage tanks are available in a number of configurations that provide unique and long-term solutions to chemical storage problems.
- fiberglass water storage tank
- Above Ground Fuel Tanks
- Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Above Ground Water Storage Tanks
- Chemical storage Tanks
- Diesel Fuel Storage Tanks
- Diesel Storage Tanks
- Exernal FloatingRoof Tanks
- Farm Water Tank
- Fiberglass Oil Tanks
- Fiberglass Septic Tanks
- Fiberglass Underground Fuel Storage Tanks
- Field Erected Tanks
- Floating Roof Tank
- Fuel tank
- Industrial Chemical Storage Tanks
- Industrial Gas Tanks
- Industrial Plastic Tanks
- Industrial Storage Tanks
- Natural gas
- Oil Storage Tanks
- Peracitic Acid
- Petroleum Tanks
- Residential gasoline storage tanks
- Residential Water Storage Tanks
- Sodium Hydroxide Storage Requirements
- Sodium Hypochlorite Storage Tanks
- Storage Tanks
- Sulfuric Acid Tanks
- UnderGround Storage Tanks
- Water Storage Tanks